The World Health Organization(WHO) on Friday said the ongoing Ebola outbreak continued to constitute a public health emergency of international concern despite the lowest number of newly confirmed cases reported last week in West Africa.

On Thursday, WHO convened the fifth meeting of the Ebola emergency committee to discuss its outbreak and the current temporary recommendations.

The committee said in a statement that as a result of further improvements in Ebola prevention and control activities across West Africa, including in the area of contact tracing, the overall risk of international spread appears to have further reduced since January.

No Comments

Leave a Comment