Stubborn abdominal fat (folds) are more likely to appear on the back and tummy regions. An unhealthy amount of flesh hanging from the stomach can be very embarrassing especially when you sit, your stomach folds slightly, causing crease marks to appear through your outfit which can be very annoying.
Folds are subcutaneous fat (the surface fat that makes love handles), even if you are not overweight, other factors can cause the presence of fold and these factors include
1. Post weight loss phase
2. Postpartum period
3. Genetic factors
4. Sitting and standing posture
1. Eat right. Eating a well-balanced diet (consisting mainly of fruits, veggies and whole grains and low in fat and refined sugars) plus exercising regularly, will help you shed not only subcutaneous fat (the surface fat that makes love handles), but also the deeper visceral fat.
2. Work out. Dieting alone will not help you rid yourself of folds and vice versa. Regular exercise not only helps you slim down your whole body, it actually shrinks the size of fat cells in your stomach and tones your abdomen and midsection. –
Exercise routine: pick a cardiovascular exercise (such as swimming, running or cycling) + an exercise aimed at the abdomen region(such as as stomach crunches, yoga plank poses and leg lifts). -Exercise at least 5 days a week for 30 minutes at a time.
3. Drink lots of water. Water helps remove excess sodium from the abdomen and tightens it simultaneously your abdomen. 8 glasses per day should do.
4. Reduce your stress level. Increased stress level results in a high secretion of the enzyme called cortisol. When in the blood, cortisol react with insulin to create abdominal fat/ folds. Turn things down a little. Take breaks at work, read a book or watch a movie. Get massages at spa etc. Stay away from activist that strees you out.
5. Support garments. Be inspired by the famous Dita Von Tesse transformation and let these garments become your best friend.
6. Stop drinking and smoking
How to Flatten Out Your Belly At Home
If you want to flatten your belly out, then you must watch what you eat. It must be tempting to eat fast foods and but it is not easy to get rid of fat accumulation in your middle section. It’s all about what you love more…the food or the flat belly.
Foods That Burn Belly Fat:
1. Citrus fruits: Fruits like orange, lemon, kiwi, tangerine, fresh limes serve as excellent fat burners. Citrus fruits are rich in vitamin C that boosts metabolism and burn fat faster compared to other fruits. When you start a weight loss regime, consume citrus fruits with many other fat-burning fruits like apple, watermelon, grapes and strawberries for quick results.
2. Coloured vegetables: Vegetables are rich in minerals and low on calories. Veggies like cabbage, broccoli, tomatoes, spinach, beans, and peas are all rich in minerals and have nil fat content in them. Instead of cooking vegetables with a lot of oil and spices, go for stir-fry veggies with a little olive or sunflower oil.
3. Oats for breakfast: Oatmeal contains insoluble fiber and some carbohydrates that don’t let you feel hungry for a longer time and give you strength for better workout.
4. Nutty snacks: A handful of almonds or walnuts are good enough to keep you away from hunger and do not add to your calories.
5. Eggs are best: Eggs are protein rich, low in calories and fat to boost your metabolic rate.
6. Oily Fish: Salmon, mackerel, tuna are rich in protein are boosts metabolism. It contains good fatty acids (omega 3 acid) that burn your belly fat.
7. Lots of water: water increases your metabolism and kicks start the fat burning process.
Exercise 1: Leg Rotation works on your belly fat and stuffed cellulite in your thighs and hips. Lie flat on the ground and lock your hands behind your back while palms facing downward. Lift both your legs in the air at about 45 degrees angle from the ground. Start rotating them first in clockwise direction for 10 times and repeat the same in anti-clockwise direction without any break. Initially, start with 2 clockwise and 2 anti-clockwise rotations and with single legs. Beginner can bend their knees and then rotate. Do 5-6 sets without any rest. You will feel the strain in your abdominal muscles and your thighs.
Exercise 2: Lie in the same position as the previous asana with hands locked at your back.Source: Shutterstock Lift your legs up at 45 degrees angle and lift it up and down. Repeat another 5-6 sets. Begin with single legs i.e. first 10 up and down with your right leg and then left leg. The first few days will be painful but gets better with practice.
Exercise3: Crunches do wonders to cut down belly fat. Its time you get started doing this abs crunching exercise in the right way. Source: Shutterstock i. Lie down flat on a mat with your knees bent and feet on the ground. Alternatively you can. also lift your legs off the floor at 90 degrees angle. ii. Now lift your hands and place them behind your head or keep them crossed on your chest. iii.Inhale deeply and as you lift your upper torso off the floor, exhale. Do this for 10 times as a beginner and repeat another 2-3 sets. As you lift your torso, sit at 30-40 degrees angle off the ground to feel pressure on your abdominal muscles.
Exercise 4: i. Lie on the floor and keep your hands either by your side or behind your head as in crunches. ii. Now lift both your legs off the ground bent at the knees. iii. Bring your right knee close to your chest keeping your left leg out. iv. Taking your right leg out, bring your left leg close to your chest.
How to Reduce Horrible Arm Fat
Have you stopped wearing sleeveless just because you have heavy arms? Now, there is no need to be upset. Follow these easy tips and you can have the toned arms you wished for… The most effective way to tone arms is being physically active. This doesn’t mean that you need to hit the gym every day, but there are – many household activities that requires intense arms movement; mopping, cleaning, rolling to name a few. -But to melt down the bulky plump, you need determination and focus. You need to start with cutting down on unhealthy and high-calorie food, eating fresh to stay healthy and look healthy. Here are a few more tips.
1. Go for skipping If you think it’s irrelevant, then you are wrong. Skipping is the best cardio workout and it’s inexpensive as well. It doesn’t just help you sweat out the fat from your body, but gives you sleek and tone arms too. “Skipping rope affects arms muscles as you lift your body’s weight as well as move your arms in circular motion. This increases the activity in the arms. Count seconds instead of skipping repetitions to make the process more effective
2. Keep stretching Don’t wait for the evening or morning fitness regime and stretch your arms as and when you get time. This will not only keep you active, but also release the tension., “Stretching tones the arm muscles and brings them back in shape. Do it in the office, post meeting or after finishing a report.”
· Interlock your fingers behind your head and stretch your arms up. Make sure the elbows are behind your head. Now, bend your waist right for a few seconds and repeat the same on the left. Keep arms stretched and straight.
· Hold both your palms together behind the lower spine and interlock the fingers. Stretch both your arms backward so that chest comes forward. This is also beneficial to relieve the back stress.
· . Rotate wrist Wrist rotation affects your shoulders and lower arms which are the plumpest areas. Hold one to two pounds of dumbbells in each hand and stand up. The gap between your feet should be equal to your shoulder length. Extend both the hands forward and keep them firm. Now, swiftly rotate your wrist upward and inward as far as possible. “This will help tone the arm muscles
· Lift your body up Do you remember how you used to do pull-ups in the park as a kid? You have to just follow the same. Hold a sturdy strong rod that can bear your body weight. Grasp it firmly and pull yourself up the floor. When you go up hold the position for a few seconds and let your arm muscles take all the strain. Do a set of 20 and after a two-minute break, repeat the set. In case, you are doing it for the first time, then, do as many pull-ups as you can, but don’t strain yourself.
· Triceps with one arm Sit on the floor and place your hands almost a foot behind your hips; your fingers should point towards the butt. Your legs and feet should be pressed together, knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Keep your arm straight to raise your hips above the floor. Bend your left elbow only with one arm and lower your butt as close to the floor as possible without actually touching it. Repeat it with right elbow.