Japanese woman suffers severe burns after she passes gas during surgery
A female Japanese patient in her mid-thirties suffered serious burns while she was in surgery after she passed gas. The woman was getting her cervix operated upon with a laser, when she parted wind which ignited the laser. According to reports, the incident took place in Tokyo Medical University Hospital.

Her waist and legs have suffered severe burns. The news outlet quotes a recently released report as concluding that “When the patient’s intestinal gas leaked into the space of the operation (room), it ignited with the irradiation of the laser, and the burning spread, eventually reaching the surgical drape and causing the fire,” as reported by AOL.com. No other flammable items or equipment was found in the operation theater. According to the Deccan Chronicle, the incident took place in April, but came to light after a medical panel that was constituted to look into the case, released a report on the incident recently. The report categorically states that no other inflammable substance was present in the room.

No Comments

Leave a Comment