About 57 students of Government Girls Secondary School, Kawo, Kaduna have been discharged, while six others are on admission. This followed the recent outbreak of cholera in the school, which killed one student. The state’s Commissioner for Health, Dr. Paul Manya Dogo disclosed this yesterday. He said the state government and supporting partners have put the situation under control. According to him: “63 of them were admitted at the facility, but only six of them are remaining in the hospital Also, the Chief Medical Director at the General Hospital, Kawo, Dr. Oyelami Akintunde confirmed that the students were responding to treatment, while many others had been discharged. According to him, “They brought 42 students on Monday morning and another 15 later. They also brought six students on Tuesday morning, making it a total of 63 students. One of the survivors (names withheld) appealed to the state government to improve the facilities in the school. “We have toilets, but no water. Out water tanks are not working well, so people defecate in any available place. The wells too are not healthy. “We don’t also have dining sets to eat our foods, as we are served and eat on bare floor,” she said.
Please follow and like us: