1. Yellow fever is an infectious disease of sudden onset which is characterized by fever, yellowness of the eyes, bleeding from the nose/mouth/anus, body pains, headache etc
2. It is caused by a virus..
3. It is spread by a mosquito which carries the virus from an infected person or monkey to another person.
4. The symptoms include sudden onset of fever, yellowness of the eyes, dark urine, bloody stool, bleeding from the nose/mouth, body pains etc
5. Farmers are more at risk of the jungle type of yellow fever; the type that affects man and monkeys.
6. Possible complications of yellow fever include delirium, coma and death
7. Prevention on personal basis is by vaccination.